Safe Dating Tips
You know, online dating on the web is
generally extremely safe, especially friendly and great fun and
Top Dating Tips.com is committed to ensuring that it stays that
way. It is safe dating because it is distance dating - simple.
You do not come into contact with others initially and this may
well provide you with a comfort factor that also allows you to
pace yourself and be rightly choosey.
If possible though, you should
try and follow a few basic online safe dating principles before
deciding to pass over personal contact information to a relative
stranger or arrange to meet them. It's all too easy to get a
little carried away when viewing personal ads so take things
slowly and take a rain check every now and again. They may
appear obvious to you but we think that if you do try and follow
them, it can only assist you in ensuring you have happy online
dating experiences. And you never know, Mr. or Miss Right may be
just round the corner. We really hope so.
Always trust your instinct,
after all it has got you this far in life already.
Take your time and view
plenty of personal ads first.
Do not publish your phone
number or email address in personal ads.
Don't take everything at face
Do ask lots of questions when
Ensure you feel comfortable
at all times whoever you are chatting with.
If someone is abusive to you,
block them straight away.
Don't provide your home or
work address to anyone you have not met.
Before agreeing to a date,
check that you know as much as possible
Don't allow yourself to be talked
into anything, whatsoever! You are the one in charge.
- Take your time to get to know someone.
Don't be rushed
- A patient person will be happy to wait
until you are ready to meet
- Make sure you see plenty of photos if
possible of the person you make friends with
- Ask your date to leave a message in your
voicemail box before hand if possible
- Chat on the phone for a while before
arranging a date, get to know each other
- Always meet in a public place that is
well known and convenient to you
- Always tell a good friend where you are
going, and who you are meeting
- If possible phone your friend during the
date to confirm all is fine
And perhaps consider these
- Always carry a cellular phone on a date
if you have one
- Lunchtimes are good for dating,
convenient, and they have a time limit
- Always make your own travel arrangements
on a date initially
- Do not accept a lift home on the first
date or reveal your address
- If travelling far, organize your own
accommodation and confirm it
- Ensure you have as much information about
your date as possible
- Keep your first date to a time limit so
that you have an "exit" point
- Don't feel you owe it to someone to meet
them, you do not!
When we think of safe dating by sets of rules
like this it can all get pretty silly and scary but the fact is
that we are introducing ourselves to strangers without the
company of friends. It will always be a wise choice to have a
friend close by even if they are sitting at a nearby table. But
whatever you decide is best for you, keep your wits about you
and enjoy your date !!